Many of us take our feet for granted, until of course, they start hurting. You don’t have to be a runner to experience sore feet- maybe you are just on your feet all day, or maybe you work in an office and experience swollen feet. Whoever you are, whatever you do, when sore feet strike, you realise how much you rely on them.
Here are 5 simple tips to keep your feet happy!
- Pick the right shoes! Slipping on sandals or thongs in summer is way too easy, and a nice looking pair of boots aren’t so bad in the winter, right? But before you start wearing them every day, make sure you know what foot type you are, and what shoe is best for you.
- Got a tennis ball? If you are at work or on the lounge watching TV, do five minutes of foot yoga! Roll your feet over a tennis ball, it will give your feet a nice stretch and help loosen the tight muscles.
- Change things up. If you are an office worker, stand up every 30 minutes to stretch, go for a walk around the office or the block then sit back down at your desk. This allows circulation in your feet. If you are on your feet all day, try to sit down every 30 minutes, grab a water and breathe.
- Soak it up! Sitting down after a hard day or a hard week and soaking your feet will not only relieve aching but also helps with calluses and dry, flaking feet.
- Get a physio’s opinion! Have you been suffering from foot pain for a while? It is always best to get an expert’s opinion so we can help you recover sooner.
If you are suffering from foot pain, or someone you know is, please don’t hesitate to give our Newport clinic a call and we can help you keep your feet happy!