Computerised OrthoticsGets to the bottom of foot posture problems
Do you suffer from?
Perhaps your feet have bad posture?
At Back To Health Physiotherapy in Newport we have brand new technology called Digital Gait scan to get to the bottom of foot posture problems on the Northern Beaches.
What does the patient do?
What does the software do?
We use 3D pressure pad analysis to perform a digital biomechanics examination of your foot when it walks.
What does the Physiotherapist do?
The Physiotherapist reads the picture, pressure and timing data generated by the scan to determine the posture of your foot and the pressures going through it to the ground. What we previously used to estimate with the naked eye, Gait Scan now enables us to pinpoint exactly the stresses on your foot, and how your lower limbs, knees, hips and spine are behaving as you walk. Your Newport Physiotherapist will analyse your scan and write an easy to understand assessment with recommendations for the most effective treatment of your condition. This will be given to you, with your scan, at your next appointment.
This could include;
- Custom made Orthotics, designed using your scan, to perfectly support and correct the posture of your foot.
- Advice about appropriate footwear
- Exercises to help realign or rehabilitate your foot
- SCENAR treatment for pain, stiffness, or unwanted lumps & bumps
- Joint Mobilisation therapy for pain, stiffness and range of movement
What are Orthotics?
Orthotics are worn in your shoes to support the arches of your feet. Made of rubber (soft) or flexible plastic (semi rigid), they can be full length or half (ending just behind the balls of your feet.) Back To Health Physiotherapy Orthotics are tailor made for your feet.
- Support your feet accurately in a more efficient position
- Realign your feet, (and therefore your ankles, knees, hips and spine)
- Alleviate joint and soft tissue strain
- Allow your feet to provide a stable foundation for the rest of your body
Will I be Stuck in Ugly Shoes Forever if I am Prescribed Orthotics?
Thankfully today the wearers of Orthotics are no longer sentenced to life in sneakers/trainers & big black boots. Our Orthotics can be made to wear in certain sandals (including Birkenstocks), fashionable high heels, casual or work shoes and even some thongs! (Helpful to know on the Northern Beaches). Back To Health Physiotherapy has an ‘Orthotic friendly’ shoe catalogue to give you some ideas. We’ll even order them for you if you know your size.